I've always wanted one of those big wooden dollhouses so last year I, frivolously, spent some of my tax return money on a Greenleaf Beacon Hill dollhouse kit.
I've been working on building it on and off for about a year. I'm finally to the point where the structure is built, just need to put on the trim pieces, siding, and all of the fun decorating. The build has been fun, there were parts that were a little tricky and sometimes frustrating but overall it came out much better than I expected. I'm feeling pretty accomplished.
I want to try to DIY the furnishing and decore as much as I can. I find items that I want to buy for the dollhouse but since I have limited amounts of cash I can't just buy everything. I'm pretty good at replicating things I see, so this is a good test of my skills. I found a table that I liked online and scraped together some materials to make my own. Here is what I built...
In terrible at remembering to take pictures as I make things. When I have time maybe I will try to put together a tutorial and some measurements.
(The little dog is a cast iron figure that I bought at a tag sale when I was little, it's amazing the weird things a person can hang on to over the years).
Previously I built a 1/4 scale Arthur kit, I actually think that was more difficult because the pieces were so much smaller. I foresee lots of miniatures in my future and I will try to remember to keep posting my mini musings.